GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS NOSTALGIE BV V1.0
hereinafter to be referred to as: NostalgieBV
Article 1 Definitions
1. In the present general terms and conditions, the following terms are used in the sense given below,
unless explicitly indicated otherwise.
NostalgieBV: the user of the general terms and conditions.
Client: NostalgieBV’s opposite party.
Agreement: the agreement concerning the provision of services.
Article 2 General
1. The present terms and conditions shall apply to each and every offer, tender and agreement between
NostalgieBV and a client, to which NostalgieBV has declared the present terms and conditions applicable,
insofar as parties have not explicitly deviated from the present terms and conditions in writing.
2. The present terms and conditions shall also apply to all agreements with NostalgieBV, the execution of
which calls for the services of third parties.
3. The buyer’s general terms and conditions shall only apply if parties have explicitly agreed in writing that
said general terms and conditions shall apply to the present agreement with the exclusion of the present
general terms and conditions. In that event possibly still conflicting stipulations in NostalgieBV’s and
buyer’s general terms and conditions shall only apply between parties, if and in so far that they are a part
of NostalgieBV’s general terms and.
4. If one or more stipulations in the present general terms and conditions should be null and void or
declared null and void, then the other stipulations of the present general terms and conditions shall remain
fully applicable. The case ensuing, NostalgieBV and client shall enter into negotiations to agree upon new
stipulations replacing the null and void conditions, or, as the case may be, the conditions declared null and
void, whereby the purpose and the meaning of the original conditions shall be heeded as far as possible.
Article 3 Offers and Tenders
1. All offers shall be free of obligation unless the offer contains an acceptance term.
2. The offers made by NostalgieBV shall be free of obligation; they shall be valid for a period of 30 days,
unless indicated otherwise. NostalgieBV shall only be bound by the offers if the acceptance thereof is
confirmed in writing by the opposite party within 30 days, unless indicated otherwise.
3. Terms of delivery given in NostalgieBV’s offers shall only be tentative and exceeding these terms of
delivery shall not entitle buyer to dissolution or damages, unless explicitly agreed upon otherwise.
4. The prices given in above-mentioned offers and tenders shall be exclusive of VAT and other
government levies, as well as of the other expenses to be possibly made within the scope of the
agreement, including shipment and administration costs, unless NostalgieBV indicates otherwise.
5. If the acceptance deviates (on secondary items) from the offer given, NostalgieBV shall not be bound
by it. The agreement shall in such event not be concluded in accordance with said deviating acceptance,
unless NostalgieBV indicates otherwise.
6. A compound quotation shall not oblige NostalgieBV to execute part of the assignment against a
corresponding part of the given quotation.
7.Offers and tenders shall not apply automatically to future assignments.
Article 4 Execution of the Agreement
1. NostalgieBV shall execute the agreement to the best of his knowledge and ability.
2. If and in so far required for the proper execution of the agreement, NostalgieBV shall have the right to
have certain work done by third parties.
3. The client shall see to it that NostalgieBV shall be provided in due time with all data which NostalgieBV
has said to be necessary or which the client must in all reasonableness understand to be necessary to the
execution of the agreement. If NostalgieBV has not been provided in due time with the data necessary to
the execution of the agreement, NostalgieBV shall have the right to suspend the execution of the
agreement and / or to charge the client for the additional costs resulting from the delay at the generally
4. NostalgieBV shall not be liable for damage of whatever nature caused by the fact that NostalgieBV
worked on the basis of incorrect and / or incomplete data provided by the client, unless NostalgieBV
should have been aware of said incorrectness or incompleteness.
5. If parties have agreed that the agreement will be executed in stages, NostalgieBV can suspend the
execution of the parts belonging to a following stage until the client has approved in writing the results of
the stage prior to it.
6. If NostalgieBV or third parties engaged by NostalgieBV within the scope of the assignment do work at
client’s site or at a site designated by client, client shall provide the employees having to work there free of
charge with all facilities desired in all reasonableness by said employees.
7. Client shall safeguard NostalgieBV against possible claims filed by third parties who may sustain
damage attributable to client in connection with the execution of the agreement.
Article 5 Delivery
1. Delivery shall be made ex works/store/warehouse of NostalgieBV, unless explicitly agreed upon
2. Client shall be held to take delivery of the goods the moment that NostalgieBV delivers them to him or
has them delivered, or the moment at which the goods are put at buyer’s disposal under the agreement.
3. If the client refuses to take delivery or fails to give the information or instructions necessary to the
delivery, NostalgieBV shall be entitled to store the goods at client’s risk and expense.
4. If the goods are serviced, NostalgieBV shall be entitled to charge possible service charges. Said
service charges shall then be invoiced separately.
5. If, in the framework of the execution of the agreement, NostalgieBV requires data to be given by the
client, the term of delivery shall commence after the client has provided NostalgieBV with said data
6. The client is not authorised to move the delivered goods inside the premises, unless explicitly agreed
upon otherwise. The moving of the goods shall be considered as theft.
Article 6 Inspection & Complaints
1. Client shall be held to examine the delivered goods (to have the delivered goods inspected) the
moment of delivery (handing over), but in any case in as short a period of time as possible. In this respect,
client must examine whether the quality and the quantity of the delivered goods comply with what was
agreed upon, or at least whether they meet the requirements applying to said goods in normal (business)
2. The client must notify NostalgieBV in writing of complaints about the work done at the moment of
3. If in accordance with the previous paragraph, client shall still be held to take delivery and effect
payment of the goods rented.
Article 7 Offers & tenders
The prices given in above-mentioned offers and tenders shall be exclusive of VAT and other government
levies, as well as of shipment costs and possible packaging and administration costs, unless explicitly
Article 8 Changes to the agreement
1. If it is shown during the execution of the agreement that the work to be done needs to be changed and
/ or supplemented in order to ensure its proper execution, parties shall adapt the agreement accordingly in
due time and in mutual consultations.
2. If parties agree that the agreement needs to be changed and / or supplemented, this decision may
influence the time of completion of the execution. NostalgieBV shall inform the buyer thereof as soon as
3. Should the change and / or supplement to the agreement have any financial and / or qualitative
consequences, NostalgieBV shall inform buyer thereof in advance.
4. If a fixed rate has been agreed upon then NostalgieBV shall indicate the degree to which the change
or supplement to the agreement will result in an increase of said fixed rate.
5 Contrary to the conditions governing this matter, NostalgieBV shall not be able to charge additional
costs if the change or supplement is the result of circumstances attributable to NostalgieBV.
Article 9 Payment
1. Payment must be made within 14 days from the date of invoice, in a way to be indicated by
NostalgieBV and in the currency in which the statement of expenses was drawn up. Contestation of the
amount of the statements of expenses shall not suspend the fulfilment of the payment obligation
2. If client fails to fulfil his payment obligation within the term of 14 days, then client shall be in default by
operation of law. In that event, client shall owe an interest of 1% per month, unless the statutory interest
rate is higher, in which case the statutory interest rate shall apply. The interest on the amount due and
payable shall be calculated as from the day the client is in default until the moment he has paid the
amount in full.
3. NostalgieBV’s claims against client shall become due on demand in the event that client’s company is
wound up, attached, declared bankrupt, or if a suspension of payment is granted.
4. NostalgieBV shall be entitled to have the payments made by the client go first of all to reduce the costs,
subsequently to reduce the interest still due and finally to reduce the principal sum and the current
interest. NostalgieBV shall have the right, without this leading NostalgieBV to be in default, to refuse an
offer for payment, if the client designates a different sequence of attribution. NostalgieBV shall be entitled
to refuse full payment of the principal sum, if said payment does not include the interest still due, the
current interest and the costs.
5. NostalgieBV has the right to settle the invoice with the deposit made by the client.
Article 10 Retention of Title
1. All goods delivered by NostalgieBV, possibly also including designs, sketches, drawings, films,
software, (electronic) files, etc., shall remain NostalgieBV’s property until client has fulfilled all of his
obligations under all agreements concluded with NostalgieBV.
2. Client shall not be authorised to pledge or encumber in any way the goods falling under the retention of
3. If third parties seize goods delivered subject to retention of title or wish to establish or assert a right to
them, client shall be held to inform NostalgieBV thereof as soon as can reasonably expected.
4. The client shall undertake to insure the goods delivered subject to retention of title and to keep them
insured against damage caused by fire, explosion and water as well as against theft and make this
insurance policy available for inspection on first demand.
5. In the event that NostalgieBV wishes to exercise his ownership rights mentioned in the present article,
client shall give NostalgieBV or third parties to be appointed by NostalgieBV, now for then, unconditional
and irrevocable permission to access all sites and locations where NostalgieBV’s property might be found
and to take these goods back.
Article 11 Guarantee
1. NostalgieBV shall guarantee that the goods to be delivered shall meet the usual requirements and
standards that can be set for and made upon them and that they shall be free of any defect whatsoever.
2. The guarantee mentioned for this purpose shall not apply when the defect originated as the result of
injudicious or improper use or when the buyer or third parties have introduced changes or tried to
introduce changes to the good without NostalgieBV’s consent in writing or if they have used it for purposes
for which the good was not intended.
3. If the guarantee given by NostalgieBV concerns a good produced by a third party, the guarantee shall
be limited to the guarantee given by the producer of the good.
Article 12 Collection Charges
1. If the client fails to fulfil his obligations (in due time) or defaults on them, then all reasonable costs
incurred to have all extrajudicial costs and debts paid shall be borne by the client. If the client remains in
default of payment within the set time period, he forfeits a immediately payable fine of 15%, exclusive
VAT, on the amount due at that moment. This with a minimum of € 50.
2. If NostalgieBV demonstrates that he has incurred higher expenses, which were necessary in reason,
said expenses shall also qualify for reimbursement.
3. The reasonable judicial and execution costs possibly incurred shall equally be borne by client.
4. The client shall owe interest over the collection charges.
Article 13 Suspension and Dissolution
1. NostalgieBV shall be authorised to suspend the fulfilment of the obligations under the agreement or to
dissolve the agreement, in the event that:
– client does not fulfil or does not fully fulfil his obligations resulting from the agreement
– after the agreement has been concluded, NostalgieBV learns of circumstances giving good ground to
fear that the client will not fulfil his obligations. If good ground exists to fear that the client will only partially
or improperly fulfil his obligations, suspension shall only be allowed in so far the shortcoming justifies such
– client was asked to furnish security to guarantee the fulfilment of his obligations resulting from the
agreement when the contract was concluded and that this security is not provided or insufficient.
2. NostalgieBV shall furthermore be authorised to dissolve the agreement (have the agreement dissolved)
if circumstances arise of such a nature that fulfilment of the obligations becomes impossible or can no
longer be demanded in accordance with the requirements of reasonableness and fairness, or if other
circumstances arise of such a nature that the unaltered maintenance of the agreement can no longer be
demanded in all reasonableness.
3. If the agreement is dissolved, NostalgieBV’s claims against the client shall be forthwith due and
payable. If NostalgieBV suspends fulfilment of his obligations, he shall retain his rights under the law and
4. NostalgieBV shall always retain the right to claim damages.
5. Client has the right to dissolve the agreement against payment of a percentage of the agreed upon
amount to NostalgieBV of:
– in case of annulment before 60 days of delivery 0% of the agreed upon amount
– in case of annulment between 60 and 30 days of delivery 10% of the agreed upon amount
– in case of annulment between 30 and 14 days of delivery 25 % of the agreed upon amount
– in case of annulment between 17 and 7 days of delivery 50% of the agreed upon amount
– in case of annulment between 7 and 4 days of delivery 75 % of the agreed upon amount
– in case of annulment within the last three days before delivery 100% of the agreed upon amount
Article 14 Liability
1. If the goods delivered by NostalgieBV are defective, NostalgieBV’s liability vis à vis the client shall be
limited to the arrangements made in the present terms and conditions under „Guarantee“.
2. NostalgieBV shall never be liable for indirect damage, including consequential damage, loss of profit,
lost savings and damage due to business stagnation.
Article 15 Transfer of Risk
1. The risk of loss of, or damage to the goods being the subject of the agreement, shall be transferred to
client the moment said goods are judicially and/or actually delivered to client and therefore fall into the
power of client or of third parties to be appointed by client.
Article 16 Force Majeure
1. Parties shall not be held to fulfil any of their obligations if they are hindered to do so due to a
circumstance through no fault of their own and which cannot be attributed to them by virtue of law, a legal
action or generally accepted practice.
2. In addition to the provisions of the law and the judge-made law in this respect, force majeure shall in
the present general terms and conditions furthermore be understood to be any external circumstance, be
it envisaged or not, on which NostalgieBV cannot have any influence but which prevents NostalgieBV from
fulfilling his obligations. Industrial action at NostalgieBV’s company shall also be understood to be a
circumstance of force majeure.
3. NostalgieBV shall also be entitled to invoke force majeure if the circumstance rendering (further)
fulfilment of the obligation(s) impossible, commences after the point in time on which NostalgieBV should
have fulfilled his obligation.
4. Throughout the duration of the circumstances of force majeure, parties shall be entitled to suspend the
fulfilment of their obligations. If this period lasts for more than two months, either of the parties shall be
entitled to dissolve the agreement without any obligation to pay the opposite party damages.
5. Insofar NostalgieBV has already partially fulfilled his obligations resulting from the agreement at the
moment the circumstance of force majeure commenced or shall be able to fulfil them and insofar separate
value can be attributed to the part already fulfilled or still to be fulfilled respectively, NostalgieBV shall be
entitled to submit a separate statement of expenses of the part already fulfilled or still to be fulfilled
respectively. The client shall be held to pay this statement of expenses as if it were a separate agreement.
Article 17 Safeguarding
1. The client shall safeguard NostalgieBV against claims filed by third parties concerning intellectual
property rights on material or data provided by the client, which shall be used for and during the execution
of the agreement.
2. If the client provides NostalgieBV with information carriers, electronic files or software etc., the former
shall guarantee that said information carriers, electronic files or software are free of viruses and defects.
Article 18 Intellectual Property and Copyrights
1. Without prejudice to the other stipulations of the present general terms and conditions, NostalgieBV
shall reserve the rights and authorities to which NostalgieBV is entitled under the Copyright Act.
2. The buyer shall not be allowed to introduce changes to the goods and material provided, unless the
nature of the delivered goods and material dictates otherwise or if agreed upon otherwise in writing.
3. The designs, sketches, drawings, films, software and other material or (electronic) files, possibly
produced by the NostalgieBV within the framework of the agreement, shall remain NostalgieBV’s property,
irrespective of the fact whether they have been handed over to the buyer or to third parties, unless agreed
upon otherwise in writing.
4. All documents, such as reports, advice, agreements, designs, sketches, drawings, software, etc.,
provided by NostalgieBV, shall be destined to be used by client exclusively and must not be reproduced,
made public or brought to the notice of third parties by client without prior consent from NostalgieBV,
unless the nature of the documents provided dictates otherwise.
5. NostalgieBV shall reserve the right to use the knowledge gained due to the execution of the work for
other purposes, in so far no confidential information shall be brought to the notice of third parties when
Article 19 Secrecy
1. Both parties shall be bound to secrecy of all confidential information they have received within the
scope of their agreement from each other or from another source. Information shall be considered to be
confidential if the other party has indicated so or if the confidential character results from the nature of the
2. If a statutory provision or a judicial decision compels NostalgieBV to convey confidential information to
third parties designated by law or by the court and NostalgieBV cannot for that purpose invoke a legal
right to refuse to give evidence or such a right acknowledged or allowed by the competent court,
NostalgieBV shall not be held to pay damages or compensation and the opposite party shall not be
entitled to demand the dissolution of the agreement on the ground of any damage resulting from said
Article 20 Disputes
1. The Court in NostalgieBV’s place of business shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear actions, unless
the District Court is the competent Court. NostalgieBV shall nevertheless be entitled to submit the dispute
to the Court deemed competent by the law.
2. Parties shall only refer the matter to the court if they have done their utmost to solve the dispute in
Article 21 Applicable Law
1. Dutch law shall apply to each and every agreement between NostalgieBV and the client. The Vienna
Sales Convention shall be explicitly excluded.
Article 22 Changes to the Terms and Conditions, interpretation and their Location
1. The Dutch version of these general terms and conditions prevails at all time in case of disputes with
regard to the interpretation and purpose of these terms and conditions.
2. The most recently filed version shall always apply, or, as the case may be, the version valid at the time
the agreement was concluded.
terms and conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS NOSTALGIE BV V1.0